Monday, March 15, 2010

Thank you

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who kept my family in your prayers and your thoughts. You will never know how much a simple act like that mean to my family and I. I just wanted to let everyone know that my sister passed away on Saturday afternoon at the hospital in Florida. It may sound a little bit morbid but I'm glad that my sister has no more pain, and that she is free from any more suffering. My only hope is that once she was taken she was once again reunited with her beloved puppy.

1 comment:

  1. Lauren--

    I only saw this now, as it was sandwiched between two longer posts. I am so, so sorry.

    Wishing your sister no pain does not at all sound morbid; it in fact sounds merciful.

    I know little I can say will help you in this moment, but I'd like to let you know that even though I never met her, I feel as if I have come to know your sister (and Cocoa) a little over the last few months. Your care and love for her--and your decision to share her battle in a public forum--have helped produce a legacy that not everyone has a chance at.

    You have made your sister part of my life and of the lives of many of your classmates. You have told her (and, again, Cocoa's) story with love and pride and dignity. This is no small thing.

    So often when someone gets sick we feel so helpless. Your decision to share your sister with us showed courage and a real sense of action. She was lucky to have you as an older sister as we were to have you in our class.

    My best to your family.

    ReplyDelete